Monday, February 12, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 43 - Car Seat Covers

Day 43 - Car Seat Covers


I got these Scooby-Doo car seat covers as a gift a couple years ago. I haven't opened them for a couple reasons. 1. I don't want to mess them up. 2. I now have a car that has heated seats and I can't use the heated seats with these covers. 3. The cancer warning on the packaging freaks me out! (See the warning below.)


This is the back of the bag, which shows the Scooby that is on the seat cover. It's a cool Scooby! I really like the look of him, especially on the black material. Of course, I have a tan dog that sheds a lot, so the seat covers would show all his hair. That would be reason #4.


It's a 9 piece set, enough covers for the front seats and the rear bench seat, plus the headrests. Scooby is on both of the front seats, and the bench seat says Scooby-Doo.


Here is a slightly better picture of the seat covers on the packaging.


The warning says: "Warning: California Consumers - This product contains chemicals, including lead and one or more phthalates, known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." That's kind of scary! Oh! Did you notice "required" is spelled wrong on the packaging?


The seat covers are copyright 2015 and Made in China.

10 comments:

  1. Odd how they seem to spell a lot wrong on the Scooby products. Especially since (if I remember correctly) you just posted another product where they spelled "children" wrong a few days ago! haha

    The cancer warning would scare me too! Very strange that they would make a seat cover with those chemicals, I mean I'm sure there are other viable options they could have used? Totally makes sense as to the other reasons why you haven't opened it. I have a car with a heated seat myself, and I don't know what I would do without it in the winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did just post the candle (day 27) with a mis-spelling. I would think they would have someone proof reading.

      It's scary that they have that warning. I could only imagine adding the heat from the seats would release all of those chemicals. Yikes! They may have to just stay in the bag!

      Delete
  2. Can you imagine Scooby-Doo playin' the bagpipes at Warner Brothers Movie World?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my Lord, these warnings! What the heck, guys? :-o Like Doo said above, it's seriously time to start using non-cancer-causing materials in products. I really can't believe there are no alternatives in 2015+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really wonderful information. Really convinced me. Convertible top Oshawa Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It was really insightful.
    Thanks for the info.
    Wanna have more contents from you.
    Cheers
    BTW if anyone interested more have a look Click Here For Visit My Site thanks"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is important, though it's necessary to help you head over to it weblink: Ashtrays

    ReplyDelete