Sunday, February 18, 2018

February Fan Spotlight - Brent

Brent is a huge Scooby-Doo fan! He's got a large collection of Scooby items and he has a real Mystery Machine!

To find out more about Brent, Check out his website and social media pages:
Brent's Scooby Collection
The Mystery Machine of Southern Illinois Website
The Mystery Machine of Southern Illinois Facebook


1. What was the first Scooby series you ever watched? 

SDWAY when I was a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons.



2. Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

Shaggy- I just like his easy going but always scared way.  Love his relationship with Scooby too.  I grew up with dogs and can relate.



3. What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?
That’s a hard one.  I like my van, but I made that into a Scooby item.  My favorite item that I own that was already a Scooby item is my 1973 Thermos Scooby-Doo lunch box that I received from my parents as a birthday gift.



4. What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

I love all Mystery Machine items, so I would like to have the SDWAY DVD set in the original Mystery Machine case.  Mine is from late and just a box packaged like the Mystery Machine.



5. Please tell us a little about your Mystery Machine - how it came to be and what you use it for.

I always wanted a Mystery Machine van.  I considered doing something with my golf cart and settled for a few custom vinyl stickers a friend made.  A couple of years went by and I saw a Dodge A-100 that was painted like the Mystery Machine.  I wanted to do that but could not find the exact van I wanted.  I settled for a early 80s econoliner van.  After talking with the owner in Columbus Ohio, it sold before I could get there to look at it.  The next day, my 1967 Dodge A-100 showed up on Craigslist near Chicago.  While talking with the owner, I knew it was the one I wanted.  When I purchased the van and was wenching it onto the trailer, because it didn’t run, a person stopped by and asked if it was for sale.  I informed him that the van was just purchased by me and I had a plan for it.  The next year, I did the body work and fixed the engine and brakes.  A friend of mine helped paint it blue and another friend help put the wrap on.  I slowly upgraded items to make it more reliable and decorated the inside.  We have a blast helping out local humane societies with pet food drives. It has been in a prom, a wedding, car shows and several parades.  In 4 years it has helped raise 6,867 lbs. of dog food, 2,544 lbs. of cat food and $3,616.00 in cash.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, I absolutely love his collection, especially the Mystery Machine!!! That's so cool that he uses it to help the local humane societies, as well as making appearances at all the special events. I wish the Mystery Machine was at my prom haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a picture for #FanArtFriday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scooby Doo and Shaggy graveyard phone!! Spotted it immediately. Top 5 wish list item for me. Fantastic collection, Brent, I just finished browsing your website!

    ReplyDelete