Monday, April 30, 2018

April Fan Spotlight - Wendy

Wendy has been a Scooby-Doo fan for years and she has quite an extensive collection of Scooby-Doo merchandise. I like her detailed answers to my questions. I also really like how she displays all of her Scooby stuff.

Check out Wendy on Twitter!

Wendy reminds me of Velma in this picture...perfect way to capture her and Scooby together! 

What was the first Scooby series you ever watched?

While I can't say that I remember my very first introduction to Scooby-Doo, I'm almost positive that
it was either “The Scooby-Doo Show” (1976) or “Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo” (1979). I was a kid in the very late '80s, very early '90s, and my introduction to Scooby, I'm sure, came from the USA Network's Saturday morning Cartoon Express block, and I never remember them airing ANY episodes from the first two “Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?” seasons. It was always the later series. This likely explains why I love Scrappy and why “The Scooby-Doo Show” is still my absolute favourite!



Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

Freddy is definitely my favourite member of the Scooby gang. He's a natural-born leader, highly
intelligent and organized, can think on his feet, is good in a crisis, routinely exhibits bravery, ingenuity, and dependability, and he's got good looks to boot – he's everything I want to be!



What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?

My favourite piece is also one of my first -- a 1980 jumbo 44” Mighty Star Toys plush Scooby-Doo,
bought from a flea market when I was about 5 years old. For many years, I didn't want to go to sleep
without him. Now this well-loved item is the centerpiece and star of my collection!



What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

Not always easy to pick just one! I REALLY would love to find the 1973 Scooby-Doo and the Headless Horseman metal lunch box, and the 2000 Scooby-Doo Talking Animated Telephone. But if I'm choosing that one ultimate collectible, it's going to be the 1977 Imperial Toy Corporation Scooby-Dee push puppet. My favourite colour has always been pink, and so a female version of Scooby-Doo who wore a pink collar was pretty much my dream as a child. I'm disappointed that there aren't really any other Scooby-Dee collectibles, but I guess that's to be expected of a character who was in only a single episode. All the more reason this is my ultimate collection dream piece!








4 comments:

  1. Jinkies! Thank you so, so much for featuring my collection today! I'm afraid I'll never outgrow my love for Scooby, but considering there are some pretty awesome people out there (like yourself and all your blog readers!) who also still dream of mystery solving with the Doo gang? Well, I think I'm in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have some awesome Scooby stuff! I'm so thrilled that you did my fan spotlight! I agree, Scooby fans are pretty cool people :) Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Wendy - You have an amazing collection! I always love seeing what other people have in their collections, so it was a lot of fun to look at all the cool stuff you have! I also want the Scooby and Shaggy graveyard phone sooo bad lol.

    ScoobyAddict - This is a really cool idea, I'm loving reading these fan spotlights! I'd offer to do one, but tbh I don't have too much in my collection (it's still a working progress!) and don't really like posting pics of myself. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to seeing every other Scooby collections. And I agree there are some super awesome Scooby fans out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Doo! Fingers crossed that we both find that elusive telephone one of these days. Best of luck with growing what I'm sure is already a wonderful collection! :)

    ReplyDelete