Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 118 - Scooby Baked Wallet

Day 118 - Scooby Baked Wallet


I bought this wallet because it was on clearance at Spencer's. It retailed for $16.99 and I bought it for $9.98. My biggest issue with this wallet is that I hate the stereotype that Shaggy and Scooby are stoners. It really annoys me that people say that! Just because Shaggy is hippie-ish and they like to eat a lot does not make them stoners!


The inside of the wallet has a nice design and a couple of pockets for change, money and cards. It has a Velcro closure and a key ring in case you want to keep a key in your wallet.



This is what the wallet looks like when it is packaged for sale. Shaggy and Scooby look like stoners :(


The wallet is copyright 2015.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, I echo your feelings 110%! I don't like that stereotype either. It's like some people are determined to take things that are wholesome and good, and try their hardest to tarnish them in some way. It's really sad, and actually makes me a bit angry too. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree with both of you. People seem to love making up these types of rumors to make things seem naughty or inappropriate, as if that somehow makes them "cooler". Why can't something (especially a cartoon) just be sweet and innocent? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Some of the memes I've seen are really bad and disgusting! Not what Scooby is about!

      Delete
  3. I owned this wallet for years. It became a part of me. I recently lost it in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. This is the first place I even found a picture of this particular one. Where can I buy a new one? Please help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this one at Spencer's Gifts. They usually have some type of Scooby wallet. You can try Hot Topic too.

      Delete