Wednesday, June 27, 2018

June Fan Spotlight - Jason

Jason just happened to contact me a few weeks ago and he sent me some pictures of his Scooby-Doo collection. I was thrilled when he said he would do the fan spotlight for the month of June.


1. What was the first Scooby series you ever watched?

The first Scooby series I watched was The New Scooby Doo Mysteries (the episode and still favorite is Scoo-be or not Scoo-Be.)



2. Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

Scooby Doo, because not only does he go through GREAT lengths to avoid the bad guys, he ends up catching them unintentionally and in a humorous way.



3. What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?

This is a tough question because I love all my Scooby collection but I'd say my Scooby Doo bubble blower from the Hanna Barbara store.



4. What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

A Mint condition copy of the gold key series  Scooby Doo Where Are You comic signed by Don Messick and sealed.






2 comments:

  1. Nice collection, Jason! That's cool that you were introduced to the franchise with The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries. It seems like most people were either introduced with Where Are You or What's New, Scooby-Doo?, so that's really cool you became a fan watching one of the lesser-known 80s shows. Nice choice of favorite episode btw, I'm quite fond of "Scoo-Be or Not Scoo-Be?" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There are some very impressive pieces in this collection! It might not be the biggest, but there are some truly enviable pieces here. That mustard bottle is a real gem, as is the yoyo and the plastic cups. What/where are those cups from, Jason? I don't think I've ever seen them before! Canada's Wonderland amusement park used to have similar plastic cups, but they only featured the rest of the Hanna-Barbera characters, never Scooby, sadly.

    ReplyDelete