Wednesday, August 8, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 220 - Scooby Apocalypse 1

Day 220 - Scooby Apocalypse 1

Cover: Jim Lee

Do you remember when Scooby Apocalypse was first talked about? The thought of the Scooby gang with guns, tattoos and looking more like people out of the walking Dead and less like the gang we all know and love was hard to grasp. I though it was going to be a mess and it would turn out to be really bad. But, like everything else Scooby, I'm giving it a chance.

The first issue came out in July 2016 and is rated T for Teen.

Credits include:
Keith Giffen - Plot & Breakdowns
J.M DeMatteis - Dialogue & More Dialogue
Howard Porter - Pencils & Ink
Hi-Fi - Color
Nick J Nap - Letters
Brittany Holzherr - Asst. Editor
Marie Javins - Editor
Based on a concept by Jim Lee

I've had the comics for quite some time, but I haven't read any of them, until today. I've decided that as I post them, I'm going to read them. Today, I read this comic and it turned out to be pretty cool! The gang is so different, between the way they are drawn and the characters demeanor. There are some similarities to the original gang, but these characters have lives, jobs and I think this comic could get very interesting! I'm looking forward to reading more.

This first comic release has 8 variant covers...and I bought them all for $3.99 each! The cover above, with the gang in color, seems to be the main cover and was done by Jim Lee and Alex Sinclair. The other covers were done by Howard Porter & Hi-Fi, Dan Panosian, Neal Adams & Alex Sinclair, Joelle Jones & Nick Filardi, and Ben Caldwell.

Here are the other 7 covers:

Cover: Jim Lee
Cover: Howard Porter

Cover: Dan Panosian
Cover: Ben Caldwell

Cover: Joelle Jones & Nick Filardi
Cover: Neal Adams & Alex Sinclair


No comments:

Post a Comment