Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 150 - Mark of the Scarab Comic

Day 150 - Mark of the Scarab Comic


Scooby-Doo...Mysery Comics Mark of the Scarab. This is the other comic book I got at the Fairpoint Toy Show on Saturday. This is Mystery Comics No. 24 and it is dated April 1974. I bought it for $3, though the original $.20 would have been better!


Here are a couple of the pages in the book. Monkey See, Scooby-Doo is the other story in the book.


Again, the Mystery Machine is pink and green. I still don't understand why it is pink!


This comic is copyright 1974 and printed in the USA. Funny how is says "Published monthly except January, March, May, September and November." That is 5 months out of the year it isn't published...almost 1/2 the year!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if they based the first Scrappy-Doo episode ("The Scarab Lives") off of this comic? The plot seems incredibly similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I was thinking too! Can't be a coincidence.

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing. It's too similar.

      Delete