Thursday, May 31, 2018

May Fan Spotlight - Ross

I'm so excited to introduce you all to Ross. Ross is the webmaster of ScoobyFan.net, where you can find Scooby news, DVD and comic book reviews, a movie and DVD guide and series information for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

In addition to his website, you can also find Ross on Twitter.


What was the first Scooby series you ever watched?

My first series was SDWAY. I rented the VHS of "Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too" from Blockbuster Video(remember those?). I loved it. From there, I moved onto the reruns on Cartoon Network,  which was basically The Scooby Network at the time.


Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

Shaggy & Scooby of course! Because they're such lovable scaredy cats.


What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?

My favorite item I don't actually have anymore(was stolen). It was a press kit for Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island. It came with a review copy of the VHS, a plushie, and some other cool stuff. As for items currently in my collection, I would have to say the limited edition Where Are You Complete Series set, and my Mystery Incorporated poster from Comic Con(which I would love to get signed one day!).


What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

I always wanted that Scooby-Doo telephone from the 90s. I remember seeing it and thinking that was so cool.


What made you start your own Scooby-Doo website/blog?

It was the announcement that CN was working on a live-action prequel film that rekindled my fandom(I had fallen off for a few years).  That led me to seeking out Scooby fan sites, joining the ScoobyAddicts forums, and deciding it would be fun to create a blog of my own. Even though I haven't kept it updated much in recent years, http://ScoobyFan.net  is turning 10 years old next year. So excited!





2 comments:

  1. Impressive collection, Ross/SpiderScooby! That's horrible that your Zombie Island press kit was stolen, that must have hurt! :( I agree that the Scooby/Shaggy graveyard phone from the 90s looks amazing, I want it sooo bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You have some great vintage plush toys in there, Ross. While there are so many fantastic "newer" Scooby items, I always love to see the old stuff!

    ReplyDelete