Monday, May 3, 2021

New Logos and Artwork for Scooby Addicts

I just have to say that I am speechless when it comes to this new artwork for Scooby Addicts! It has exceeded my expectations a million times! 

My previous logos were pretty simple. I had created them myself in 2007 when I started my website and I'm not an artist, so I just did what I thought would work. I wouldn't say they were horrible, but they weren't anything special. Just black and white images of the gang silhouettes. 

When I first contacted Will Davenport to do some new artwork, I sent him the following ideas:

"I was thinking a full body picture of me wearing the ScoobyAddicts shirt and holding the stuffed Scooby"

"I'm wondering if there is something cool that can be done with my ScoobyAddicts logo. I have attached the 2 logos that I have used. Is there something cool you can do to make it look better?"

He literally had nothing to work with, especially where the logos were concerned. I had a slight idea of what I wanted for cartoon me, but even that was not a clear vision in my head. Surprisingly, he went with what I told him and he sent me some rough sketches.


 One of the things that stood out when I first saw the rough sketches was that there was a 6th member of the gang. I looked at it and was like...Wait...What?...THAT'S ME! I couldn't even believe my eyes. I had never even thought of having me in the logo. I only ever thought of Scooby or the gang. So Cool!!!

Then I looked at cartoon me, mostly focusing on the Scooby in my hand because I don't usually like pictures of me, though seeing myself in cartoon form was extremely cool! That Scooby is beyond adorable! He's the Scooby I take all my pics with, only more life-like. His cuteness had me smiling from ear to ear. My expectations have already been long surpassed and these were just the rough sketches. 

I had asked Will to change the cheeks on cartoon me to make them not stand out as much and I chose the Mystery Machine type writing for the logo as I thought it looked more fun. Will also thought that having the entire gang in the logo was overcrowded, and I agreed, so we went with just me and Scooby.

Removing the gang, Will sent me the rough designs for the logo. It was really hard to pick just 1, so I chose 2 haha. I liked #3 for the logo for social media, but I also liked #1 for a banner. Looking at these, I was just in total awe. I never thought of me being in my logo with Scooby and I was just so excited with the idea of it. 


Moving on to Cartoon me, Will sent me 2 new sketches, with the original sketch next to them. I knew instantly that I wanted to go with #1. I thought it looked more fun and I really liked the changes he made. It's an image of me that I can actually look at and be happy with, and that little Scooby is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I sent him the ok to go with #1 and asked him if he could add the Scooby Addicts logo to the shirt.


He sent me these logos in color, which blew me away! The color really added a whole new level to the logo and seeing my silhouette standing next to Scooby was unbelievable. 


Then came the first image of cartoon me in color. I opened the image and couldn't believe my eyes. It was amazing! It was spectacular! It was ME holding a little Scooby in my hand and the gang was watching me. Never in a million years would I have ever expected a cartoon version of me to be this awesome! I just stared at the picture for a while, in complete shock and awe!

There was just 1 change I felt needed to be made to the image. I wanted the logo on cartoon me's shirt to be the colors of the Mystery Machine to make it stand out more and give it a more Scooby vibe.


 The change of the shirt really made a huge difference. It screams Scooby-Doo now! And the shirt turned out better than I thought it would be. I just had 1 more change. 


I wanted my shoes to be purple. Purple is my favorite color, so I wanted to add that one little touch of purple to me and then it was perfect! Even the shadow behind me and Scooby is perfect! I just can't even comprehend how my very non-descriptive ideas of what I wanted turned into this! Will is like a magician! He truly is a super talented artist! He basically took nothing and turned it into everything I could have ever wanted and then some. 




The black and white logos are amazing! The flowers add so much character to them. And I still can't believe I'm in the logo! 

Here is a closer look at me and Scooby. I love us both! Still, Scooby is just too adorable!! I love that I am a cartoon character and in the Scooby style. 

Will did an awesome job with the logos and cartoon me. He more than exceeded my expectations and he created these images with barely any direction from me. He was so easy to work with and he did all of this in 3 days. I highly recommend Will if you are looking for artwork. You can find him at the following links:

Instagram - @davenportwilldraw

Facebook - @davenportwilldraw

Twitter - @davenportwilld1

ArtStation



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Nikki.
    Will, you do amazing work and I may look into getting something similar of myself in the future. I just love the idea. Love seeing your other work too.
    Scooby-Dooooo one and all, a huge fan of you both. AL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al! I could see you as a Scooby character :) That would be cool. Will is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Nikki, thank you for sharing this description of the process. I think it’s cool that you found this worthy of a post! I am very appreciative of your kind words and what you do for the entire Scooby fan community! A pleasure collaborating with you! Thanks- Will (@davenportwilldraw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Will! I still just can't believe these drawings are real! I love them so much and can't wait to get stickers made, maybe pins and t-shirts too. It was great working with you!!

      Delete
  3. These are so beautiful! Great job Will!

    ReplyDelete