Tuesday, May 25, 2021

New Scooby-Doo Funko POP Figures Announced on May 24th

 

This week is Funkoween and we got a treat yesterday from Funko! They released The Hex Girls 3-pack POP Figure set! People have been waiting for this! There had been a whole campaign to get Funko to make these POP Figures and they finally came through! I'm excited that Dusk, Thorn and Luna are finally POP figures. 

They were released out of the blue yesterday as Hot Topic exclusives and they sold out in about 9 minutes. I thought they would be posted on eBay for $100, being that they were sold by Hot Topic for $36.90. To my surprise, more like horror, people were listing them on eBay for $300! Nothing like taking advantage of people! But, have no fear...if you didn't snag the set yesterday, Hot Topic and Funko have confirmed that they will be available again to order at some point. So please don't give the scalpers the satisfaction of making an insane profit on these POP figures. Wait it out and get them when they are a decent price. 

Also announced on Monday, May 24th was a new Scooby-Doo Funko Soda POP Figure. This one is called...Space Ghost? I think they mean Space Kook! Space Ghost is a totally different Hanna-Barbera character!

The Soda figure will have a regular version and a glow-in-the-dark chase version. It hasn't been revealed yet how we can get this POP figure, so keep your eyes open for the announcement!  With only 7,500 being made, it will surely sell out quickly and be listed on eBay for an astronomical amount of money! 

I spent my day today watching the Funko page, refreshing it every few minutes, stressing over whether this figure would be released today, just to have it not be released and now I have to go through that again tomorrow. It can be quite tiring to deal with exclusives and I go back and forth with "is it worth it or not?" My problem is that I have every Scooby-Doo POP figure that has been made so far and I feel like I need to get all the new ones that come up to keep my collection intact. 

Thinking about new POP figures, I wonder if any other Scooby-Doo figures will be released this week or if we will only see The Hex Girls and Space Ghost Kook?

Good luck to all the collectors that really want this item because they feel it will add to their ever growing collection. Keep an eye on Funko's social media pages and on my social media pages for updates! 



2 comments:

  1. It bothered me too that they called him the Space Ghost, since there's another HB character that has that name. Also, like I mentioned on Twitter, it makes me sad that scalpers are buying all these up and then selling it for ridiculous prices. It just makes an already stressful situation for collectors even worse when people who don't even want the figures are buying them just so they can sell them right back and rip people off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the scalpers are getting out of hand! To see The Hex Girls on eBay for over $300 just made me so angry. Those could have gone to people that actually wanted them for their collections, but instead they were bought so someone could make a profit. These Funko sales are insanely stressful!

      Delete