Tuesday, November 13, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 317 - Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island DVD

Day 317 - Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island DVD


It was just recently announced that Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island will be released in 2019. I'm not sure yet how I feel about that. Zombie Island was an awesome movie and I don't feel the need for a sequel, especially since sequels are usually not as good. As ScoobyFan.net pointed out on Twitter, they didn't leave the movie open for a sequel. So do they have this amazing new story line that continues Zombie Island or are they just trying to recreate one of the best Scooby-Doo movies ever made? I guess we'll find out in 2019.

While Zombie Island was originally released September 22, 1998, the DVD didn't come out until March 6, 2001. The DVD run time is 77 minutes.

Scooby: Scott Innes
Shaggy: Billy West
Fred: Frank Welker
Daphne: Mary Kay Bergman
Velma: B.J. Ward



This was the first movie where the monsters were real, and it was awesome! Some people felt it was too scary for younger kids, but I think most Scooby fans have this movie in their top 10. The movie includes a behind-the-scenes "making of" documentary, interactive menus, movie trivia, and character bios.


The inside of the case has the scene index on the left side and the DVD on the other side.


Here is a close up of the scene index. 


The DVD is plain and simple. It just says Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island on it, DVD and has the WB logo.


Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island is copyright 2001.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited they're making a reboot to this film. It's always been one of my favorites with its darker tone and more mature feel. I hope the sequel will live up to the original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry they won't be able to do a good job with it.

      Delete
  2. Could you please say me if the "spanish" audio is Castilian or Latin Spanish? I'm searching the Castilian dub since it is not availiabe in DVD in Spain and maybe if the english DVDs have got Castilian I could buy it on the internet. The may difference between Latin and Castilian is that Castilian tenders to lisp their "z" and "c".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome movie quick question though could you please explain how to watch the documentary for the longest time I have always wanted to watch it but couldn’t find it on my dvd copy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be part of the special features. I'll have to look at my copy to see.

      Delete
    2. Thanks by the way what’s weird about this dvd is that their are 2 versions where it says it has it and the other doesn’t say. If you do have it could you post a digital video of it and maybe post instructions cause I have looked at special features on the disc but I never find it in the menu. I also wanted to say Thanks for doing this cool website it’s nice to see a whole website dedicated to one of my favorite cartoons growing up.

      Delete
    3. Glad you like my website! I will try to do a video of the documentary and will try to post it.

      Delete