Monday, July 16, 2018

My Scooby Stuff - Day 197 - Scooby Postage Stamps

Day 197 - Scooby Postage Stamps


These Scooby-Doo stamps were released 2 days ago, on July 14th, by the United States Post Office. Each sheet contains 12 stamps and they are $6.00 per sheet. I bought 2 sheets, though when she brought out the stack and asked me how many I wanted, I told her I wanted them all! She laughed and said she wouldn't be able to sell me all of them anyway.


The stamps feature Scooby-Doo holding a watering can in his mouth and watering a flower. They are part of the Scooby-Doo Doo Good project, which helps fight hunger. They have a whole website devoted to this project and ways you can help the gang fight hunger. Check out DooGood.ScoobyDoo.com for more info.


Here is a close-up of the stamps. They are too cute! They are forever stamps, so no matter if the price of stamps rises above the $.50 they are today, you can still use just 1 Scooby stamp.


This is the Scooby they chose for the edge of the paper that holds the stamps. He's really cute! He looks like he is ready to help out any way he can. They should have made him a sticker.


The stamps are copyright 2018. Surprisingly, they did not mention Warner Brothers on the back of the stamp sheet.

2 comments:

  1. That is strange they didn't mention WB on the back, I don't think I've ever seen a Scooby product that doesn't. Also interesting to see Doo Good has changed to be about fighting hunger, it used to be about being eco-friendly. Oh well, I guess both are still great causes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see them using Scooby in a positive way. He got so much slack years ago when there was the controversy of having cartoon characters on food packaging making non-healthy foods more appealing to kids.

      Delete