Wednesday, September 4, 2019

My Scooby Stuff - Item 375 - Purple Scooby-Doo Funko Pop Figure

Item 375 - Purple Scooby-Doo Funko Pop Figure


I'm sure you've seen the purple Scooby-Doo Funko Pop Figure around the internet over the past few weeks. He was originally posted on Instagram on August 16, 2019 with a message about him being rumored to be a BoxLunch exclusive. Sure enough, the purple Scooby was released in BoxLunch stores on Monday, September 2, 2019. My store opened at 10am and when I got there at 10:30am, there were only a couple left and the boxes weren't in the best condition. I bought them though, as I didn't want to miss out on purple Scooby. Purple is my favorite color and everyone knows Scooby is my favorite cartoon, so I had to have it.


As with the other Pop figures, the sides of the box show a picture of the Pop figure on one side and you can see the side of the actual Pop figure on the other.


Here is a close up of purple Scooby. He's adorable! I wasn't a big fan of the other colored Scooby's, but purple I really love!


The back of the box has the Doo Good message on it. The best part of buying this purple Scooby is that BoxLunch will help provide 10 meals to Feeding America for every purple Scooby Pop that was purchased. BoxLunch has certainly grasped the Doo Good movement and they are making a difference with the help of Scooby. Way to go BoxLunch!!


Speaking of praising BoxLunch, when I got there on Monday to get the Scooby Pop figure, they had this awesome Scooby window display! I can't remember the last time I saw a store go all out for Scooby, so this was a great surprise! (The employees had told me about a month before that they were planning on doing a window display for Scooby's 50th, they weren't sure when it was going to happen though.)


While the purple Scooby doesn't have the 50th Anniversary logo on the box anywhere, it was on the sign at the BoxLunch store.


The top of the box shows the top of Scooby's head. 


The bottom of the box has warnings and other copyright info. Purple Scooby is copyright 2019.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Cool that BoxLunch is doing something for Scooby's 50th. Love the Doo Good Initiative as well!

    ReplyDelete