Monday, December 31, 2018

December Fan Spotlight - Doo

Doo

I am very excited for December's fan spotlight! Doo is a huge Scooby fan and a wonderful person! She also happens to be one of the admins for my forum.

Check out Doo on social media:
ScoobySnax.com
Facebook
Twitter


1. What was the first Scooby series you ever watched?

I first started watching Scooby when I was about 6 and my parents recorded episodes of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? on VHS. This was back in the 90s, when Scooby was airing reruns on a network called USA. The first episode I saw was "A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts," I instantly fell in love with the series and remained passionate about it while growing up and even into adulthood! There was a brief period in my teenage years where I stopped liking Scooby because I didn't think it was "cool" to like a cartoon with a target audience of children. However, I grew out of that phase relatively quickly and realized that I should be true to myself and my interests, which of course includes Scooby!



2. Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

I would have to pick Scooby! He's so sweet and adorable, how can you not love him? :)




3. What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?

Ooh, that's a tough one! I would have to say the Scooby-Doo Collector's Edition Monopoly game or the three rare Scooby VHS tapes I have. The Monopoly game is actually quite a bit of fun and brings back quite a bit of nostalgia given there are tons of references to the original series throughout the game. Each of the "properties" are actually some the classic monsters - Redbeard the pirate, The Creeper, Charlie the Robot, etc. and many of the chance cards are related to events which occurred in Where Are You. I always thought it was cool they stayed so true to the original series, and whoever made it at WB seemed to be very dedicated to making sure every detail was correct! The VHS tapes are cool just because I've had them since I was a kid, and two of the episodes on them have actually still never been released on DVD! For those curious, the episodes included are "The Hairy Scare of the Devil Bear" (Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Volume 1), "Wedding Bell Boos" and "To Switch a Witch" (Scooby-Doo's Wedding Bell Boos), "A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle" and "The Tar Monster" (Scooby-Doo: A Halloween Hassle at Dracula's Castle). Unfortunately, I had a lot of cool stuff as a kid, but my parents sold the bulk of it when I went through that "I'm too cool to like Scooby" phase. I wish I would have kept some of the stuff, as a lot of it was really cool. However, I'm slowly working on rebuilding my collection as an adult, and I'm happy with what I have so far even if it is modest!



4. What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

Definitely the Scooby and Shaggy Graveyard phone from 2000! That looks sooo cool and I've been looking for it for a long time now!











Thank you so much, Doo, for taking the time to do this fan spotlight.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my collection, SA! It was an honor to be your fan spotlight for this month and I really enjoyed writing up the answers to your questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a part of my fan spotlight! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and send me your pictures. :)

      Delete
  2. The artwork on those old VHS cases is just so colourful and marvelous -- how could anyone not fall in love with them?? It's too bad that much of your collection was sold, Doo, but you're doo-ing (lol, sorry) a fine job of rebuilding it. You have some excellent pieces! I've got to find that Charlie the Robot figure, and I didn't know they had made the Tar Monster! :-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Wendy! I love those VHS cases too, they're so vibrant! "you're doo-ing (lol, sorry) a fine job of rebuilding it" It's okay, you won't be the first or the last person to have made that pun lol. I found both the Charlie the Robot and the Tar Monster figures on eBay. The Tar Monster one I believe was made by a different company than the one that made the rest - it feels like its made of a much cheaper plastic.

    ReplyDelete