Thursday, August 30, 2018

August Fan Spotlight - Ashton

Ashton



About a month or so ago, I asked for volunteers that wanted to do the fan spotlight. Ashton was very gracious enough to accept the spot for August. He is a huge Scooby fan and he has an awesome collection!

Be sure to check Ashton out on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram


1. What was the first Scooby series you ever watched?

I wanna say Scooby-Doo Where Are You, it’s such a distant memory but a funny story. My dad was driving with me in the back when there was this fire in a field by a barn. He stopped to help get the fire out before it got to the animals and the barn. A bunch of neighbors came out to see what was going on and my dad asked a lady if she could go get me from his car. I was little so I didn’t really understand what was going on. Anyways she took me into her house and when they got the fire under control the lady that had taken me brought me back and told my dad she just turned Scooby-Doo on for me. After that I’ve always loved Scooby-Doo for as long as I can remember.



2. Who is your favorite member of the gang and why?

This one is hard because I feel like every iteration is different. But probably Shaggy. I work at Michaels and I have a ton of customers tell me I look like him (minus the glasses) I feel like him and I are similar in a lot of ways, though he has me beat on the amount of food he can inhale. My favorite color is green and that came from his iconic green shirt. Plus he has a best Canine pal and I’ve grown up with a dog all my life that’s been my best dog friend.



3. What is your favorite Scooby item in your collection?

This is going to sound dumb, but probably my vhs copy of Scooby-Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed. I remember wanting to go see that movie in theaters so bad and one night my brother surprised me and my siblings with tickets to go see it and I remember going in, sitting down, and watching those monsters I’ve watched for some years now come to life before my eyes. As dumb as it sounds it’s still my favorite movie of all time, I’ve watched more times than I should admit. But it came out on video around my birthday and it was all I wanted. My dad told me he went around the city to find a vhs version of the film because we didn’t have a DVD player yet. I can remember him saying he finally got to a store and saw all the copies of the movie and there was a clerk by them cleaning/organizing other products, and he asked her as he walked down the aisle if that was a vhs copy of the movie, and she picked it up and said yes it is and handed him one. He went above and beyond to make sure I had that film. And that poor vhs is somehow still intact. I now  have four copies of that film, my original vhs, the full screen and widescreen DVD’s, and a blu-Ray copy.


4. What is one Scooby item you would love to add to your collection?

Oh man this is a tough one, I really want the LEGO sets, and a bunch of the video games I missed out on, but I think I’d have to say the soundtrack albums they released (Scooby-Doo’s Snack Tracks, Scooby-Doo and the Witch’s Ghost album, Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders album) I love music and I think having an official soundtrack of Scooby doo would be the coolest thing, to pop it in the car while heading to work or something and jam out, or even jam out with friends to the music. Something about those have always stuck out to me.

Thanks so much Ashton for sharing your collection and your awesome answers! Here are some more pictures of Ashton's collection:














4 comments:

  1. Super cool collection, Ashton! I also have several old Scooby VHS tapes (makes people think I'm super old haha), including the Wedding Bell Boos one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon Wiggle sang Happy Birthday to my mum ❤️

    ReplyDelete