Thursday, October 12, 2017

My Trip to the The GetAnimated Event in NYC

This past Sunday, my family and I went to NYC for the GetAnimated Pop-Up Shop! I must say, I'm lucky that we live close to NYC and lucky that my husband is willing to support my Scooby addiction! We drove into the city and headed to the event.

We only had to walk a couple blocks from parking. As soon as I saw the windows, I was super excited! They had the outside decorated so you couldn't miss it!


The inside was even more exciting! The people that painted the walls did an amazing job! And they added a special touch to their paintings. Look closely at the paintings to see if you can find it.

The displays were fun and vibrant. We got to see Wile and his anvil, Bugs Bunny's rabbit hole, Scooby in the Mystery Machine, Tom & Jerry's homes (Jerry's mouse house was adorable!), The Jetsons space house and eat ice cream with The Flintstones.  They handed out cards at the entrance for free ice cream, covered in fruity or chocolate pebbles with little bone candies mixed in. The ice cream was really good! There were also a bunch of Marvin the Martians that people made on display.




After seeing all of the displays, we ended at the store. They had so much merchandise...t-shirts, pins, wallets, POP figures, water bottles, purses and so much more. I was all over the Scooby merchandise! I wanted everything, but of course, that wasn't going to be possible. They had exactly what I needed though! Last week, I was really sick and had made tea several times. I realized that I didn't own a Scooby mug! Like, not one Scooby mug anywhere in my house! Zoinks! So I bought a Scooby mug at the event! The best part, every $10 spent helped to provide a meal to a person in need. Definitely worth the money! 


There was one thing I had to question before we left. When we first got there, I saw some people walking around with Scooby bags. I hadn't seen them in the store, so I asked one of the employees who told me that they were giving them out at the front door. So we trekked back through the entire exhibit to get to the front and I asked the girl that was checking people in. She noticed I had my ScoobyAddicts shirt on and I also told her that I could give her a ScoobyAddicts sticker if she was able to get me a bag. She had to find someone else who had the bags to see if they had any more. So I waited, took some pictures, played with the Snap Chat filter for the event and hoped that they still had one. That girl made my day!! She brought me a bag and I traded her a sticker and I was so excited! Yes!! I got the Scooby bag!! Not only the bag...it came with a Roku stick and a year membership to Boomerang on Demand! 

The GetAnimated Pop-Up Shop was a fun outing for the entire family. Everyone seemed to have an enjoyable time, even if they originally felt like I dragged them there because of my love for Scooby! 

Check out all of my photos from the event here!

10 comments:

  1. I've got a picture for #FanArtFriday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! This is scheduled to post in November 3rd :)

      Delete
  2. You gonna do a review on Blowout Beach Bash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to do a review on Blowout Beach Bash. I've watched it a few times and I have my notes ready, I just have to write it.

      Delete
    2. Just write the review in your own words.

      Delete
    3. Of course! Maybe I can get it done this weekend!

      Delete
  3. I've got a picture for #FanArtFriday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It is scheduled to post on December 1st.

      Delete
  4. I've got a picture for #FanArtFriday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!!! Scheduled to post on December 8th!

      Delete