Monday, January 9, 2017

Scooby-Doo in the new Halifax Commercial

Scooby, Shaggy and the gang are featured in the most recent Halifax commercial, which first aired on January 8, 2017. The ad, which was created by Jonathan John and David Mackersey at Adam & Eve/DDB, was filmed in Halifax's London Hanover branch and included the bank employees as extras. 

The commercial is done in the typical Scooby-Doo fashion...Scooby and Shaggy are chased by the villain, they eat pizza, they run away from the villain and then they catch and unmask the villain. All of this is done in 1 minute, and I think they did a great job with the ad. 

Catherine Kehoe, managing director , group brands and marketing at Halifax, said: "Scooby-Doo is such an iconic character and universally loved - the perfect character to demonstrate how we reward customers who bank with us."

Halifax has also used Top Cat and The Flintstones in previous ads. 

Shaggy and Scooby are voiced by Scott Innes and Velma is voiced by Mindy Cohn.



10 comments:

  1. Nice ad! Great to see Scooby finally getting some love! <3 Thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very excited when I saw this video yesterday! It is nice to see!

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard Scott Iness as Shaggy and Scooby in while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice to hear him doing the voices!

      Delete
    2. Will the Hanna-Barbera Exhibition be in Australia?

      Delete
    3. I don't think it is a traveling exhibit. I think it is just going to be at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Massachusetts, USA and then it will be done.

      Delete
    4. It's a shame Mindy Cohn doesn't play Velma anymore :(

      Delete
    5. I do like Mindy Cohn's Velma. I think Kate fits in BCSD, but I hope they bring back Mindy for the 2018 movie.

      Delete
    6. I'd leave Mindy in retirement if I were you.
      You should also give Kate a chance

      Delete
    7. I like Kate, I also like Mindy. I just think Mindy is better for the non-BCSD Scooby.

      Delete